The rush to return to normalcy in our Spring, Summer, and Fall sailing routines has been like the brisk northerly that carried many of us quickly down the rhumbline to Bermuda this year. It was robust, sustained and cleared the dark clouds of the last two years. Regattas and parties resumed in full force. It has truly been wonderful to get back together in person and witness the renewed enthusiasm for the sport.
We all know supply and demand have been a common theme this year in all aspects of the economy. Whether its sourcing parts, finding help or competing to get a reservation, there just doesn’t seem to be enough to go around.
Like everything else that has been in high demand, so too has been the demand for programs supported by the Storm Trysail Foundation. To date the Foundation has underwritten or provided grants to the following programs and initiatives.
- Junior Safety At Sea Seminars in Larchmont, Annapolis, Chicago
- Chicago included the participation by two local Sea Scout “Ships” supported by the Foundation and Chicago STC members (See Recap)
- Adult Safety at Sea Seminars at SUNY Maritime College and the Chicago Yacht Club
- Collaborative online offerings during the winter of 2021-2022 with NYYC and CCA
- Pioneering new strategies of MOB Recovery and developing new teaching methods and equipment
- Midline Lift Recovery, portable MOB dummies, improved Lifeslings
- Community Grant Program: $39,000 for 15 programs
- Annual Intercollegiate Offshore Regatta presented by ShopRite of Carteret with 40 teams
A Matching Grant!
To continue to meet the growing demand of our programs, Foundation benefactors Edie and Bo Lycke, joined by Rich du Moulin, have generously committed to a $30,000 matching grant to the Foundation. For any 2022 contributions that exceed a donor’s 2021 donation, the increased donation will be matched. For example, if you gave $1,000 in 2021 and increased to $1,500, there would be a $500 match. IF you gave zero in 2021, your entire donation will be matched!
Here is an excellent opportunity to show our generous benefactors how much we share in their belief of the Foundation’s efforts to supply the knowledge, leadership, outreach and financial support for its Mission-critical programs run by the Storm Trysail Club and other worthy organizations. Here is an excellent opportunity to make Rich wish he had paid for Lora Ann’s crew shirts over the years and make him match our contributions! If you donated last year, please consider an increased 2022 donation. If you did not support the Foundation in 2021, please get on board!
Steve Minninger & Richard du Moulin
Annual Fund Chairman & Chairman Storm Trysail Foundation
DONATE FOR 2022